Clinical Case Manager
|Title:||Clinical Case Manager|
DescriptionSOAR Schools is a new network of public charter schools serving the Denver Metro area. SOAR @Green Valley Ranch opened its doors to 235 Kindergarten through second grade students in August 2010, and the second SOAR school opened in Far Northeast Denver in August, 2011. SOAR Schools are committed to providing exceptional educational opportunities to students in far northeast Denver. We offer an innovative, holistic approach to education that includes an academically rigorous and student centered curriculum, a commitment to teaching social and emotional competencies, a mandatory extended school day, a focus on nutrition, and daily enrichment opportunities.
SOAR staff is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children, so that they in turn, will grow into socially responsible citizens who will make a difference in the world.
Clinical Case Manager
Reference Number: 1 469
Salary: CCM I/BA-$14.62-$17.56
Date Posted: August 31, 2012
Hours: 40 hrs./wk.
Position Summary: This position provides a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive system of care for elementary-aged children at SOAR@Oakland in Montbello (Far Northeast Denver). SOAR@Oakland , in partnership with the Mental Health Center of Denver, see high value in and are committed to establishing a campus-wide Student Care and Family Support Program that embraces the needs of the whole child. Through this approach, the primary goals of this collaborative effort are: Increase student access to mental health counseling and group session support. Ensure families have access to education on a variety of mental health topics, including parenting classes. Provide student social and emotional classroom education through the school’s responsive classroom approach; Provide an integrated team approach to case management, mental health services, nursing services and health insurance enrollment. Ensure families have input and can provide support for the fully integrated program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the SOAR@Oakland therapist in accessing needed services for students.
- Increase family case management services including access to food, clothing and job placement services.
- Ensure students have access to effective nursing services that support their physical and oral health including health education on a variety of topics.
- Provide health case management services that help families identify a medical home, remove cultural barriers in seeking healthcare and to follow-up with families to ensure their health care needs are being met.
- Support families’ efforts to enroll in health insurance to remove one of the major barriers for accessing a medical home.
- Provide an integrated team approach to case management, mental health services, nursing services and health insurance enrollment.
- Ensure families have input and assist them in their navigation of the fully integrated health services program at SOAR@Oakland.
- Help families develop social skills, interests, and leisure time activities to provide a sense of participation and personal worth, including opportunities for age appropriate, culturally appropriate daytime and evening activities.
- Identify and work with potential natural support systems such as neighborhood networks, churches, and community organizations.
- Participate in team/agency meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human service degree.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Three years minimum mental health or human services experience.
- Ability to join with and implement a strengths-based approach to families with elementary-aged children.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may be required.
Apply online: For your convenience, you can complete the entire application process online by clicking http://mhcd.org/jobs/clinical-case-manager-i-1469 and the “Click to Apply” link at the bottom of the page.
Fax your application and resume: Download the written application from http://mhcd.org/sites/default/files/asset_files/ApplicationForEmployment.pdf , complete the application, and fax the completed application and your resume to 303-758-5793.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications