Dean of Child Study & Support Services
|Title:||Dean of Child Study & Support Services|
DescriptionChange the conversation. SOAR Schools.
SOAR Schools is a new network of public charter schools committed to providing exceptional educational opportunities to students in Far Northeast Denver. All SOAR schools offer an innovative, holistic approach to education that includes an academically rigorous curriculum, a mandatory extended school day, and daily enrichment opportunities. At SOAR schools all staff members are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children, so that they in turn, will grow into socially responsible citizens who will make a difference in the world.
The Dean of Child Study & Support Services at SOAR@Oakland will be responsible for:
- Working first and foremost with staff to develop individualized social intervention plans for struggling students;
- Acting as liaison between teacher and parents in challenging situations in order to strengthen relationships between the parent and the teacher;
- Consulting with teachers about implementation of Responsive Classroom practices;
- Immediate crisis intervention with students whenever necessary;
- Conducting aggressive parent outreach in cases of extreme attendance and/or behavior issues;
- Closely monitoring students most struggling in terms of family life, peer relationships, and schoolwork;
- Networking families with CBO’s and other support organizations when necessary;
- Leading disciplinary conferences;
- Implementing the school’s wellness practices;
- Monitoring student attendance and any necessary follow up;
- Serving on the Child Resource Team;
- Monitoring implementation in areas such as use of Responsive Classroom practices;
- Monitoring and supporting SOAR’s approach to recess.
- The Dean of Child Study & Support Services will report to and work closely with the Principal at each school.
Candidates must have:
- Extensive experience working with students and their parents in urban, under-resourced school settings;
- Experience with Responsive classroom (strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of child development (strongly preferred);
- Spanish language fluency (preferred);
- B.A. and at least two years of relevant experience. Ideally, will have a Master’s Degree and at least three years of relevant experience.
- Self-starters and independent
- Fantastic communicators – written and verbal
- Strategic thinkers
- Proficient and bought into SOAR’s unique approach
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications